Budapest is full of festivals, including wine festivals, palinka or beer festivals, which often feature some of the best local snacks, and handmade cheeses too. The New Wine and Cheese Festival in Budapest is an annual event, which takes place in the beautiful Vajdahunyad Castle in the City Park of Budapest every year in mid November. The castle is the home of the Hungarian Agricultural Museum, and also serves as a great festival venue.
In November Budapest is getting festive with lots of things to do before and after the Budapest Christmas events and activities in November and December.
Date: mid November (around Nov 11)
Venue: Vajdahunyad Castle Budapest
Event: New Wine and Cheese Festival (Ujbor es Sajt Fesztival)
More festival details about the Budapest New Wine and Cheese Festival are available on the official site. Based on the New Wine and Cheese Festival of recent years, we can expect some of the following programmes at the November wine event:
- Wines tasting: less known wine makers showcase their new wines produced in Hungary
- Cheese tasting: home made cheeses from the countryside of Hungary
- Wine contest: which is the best new wine in Hungary of the year?
- Consecration of the Advent wine and cheese
- Charity: e.g. the festival was raising funds for the Children’s Home / Orphanage led by Csaba Bojte in Romania recently
- Hungarian Wine Order members will have a promenade
- You can purchase the Hungarian wines and cheeses you like
Wine orders in Hungary
Hungarian Wine Order at the Budapest New Wine & Cheese Festival – Vajdahunyad Castle: